Cockpit Arts open studios &
My favourite foodie hotspots
Cockpit Arts Deptford is buzzing with activity in preparation for our upcoming Open Studios – These will run 16-18 June 2017, with a late night opening on the Friday night. All 3 floors of the building come alive, with makers opening up their workspaces and showcasing their latest work. Entry is FREE.
Find me in studio 310, on the third floor. Expect to find cutting-edge jewellery, leather accessories, shoes, ceramics, textiles, greeting cards and stationery, and much more.
Deptford Foodie Delights
That was reason number 1. The next 5 are of a more… culinary nature!
Deptford High Street already had some really decent food and coffee options. Since the completion of the Deptford Market Yard development (right by Deptford rail station), the area has become an even fabulous foodie destination.
So many wonderful independent cafes and restaurants are worth a detour: here are my favourite ones!
2. Quirky & friendly coffee shop with unmissable coffee and vegan hotdogs: The Waiting Room
3. London Velo – located on Deptford High Street, this is a great spot for cyclists and and cake lovers.
4. Mousetail Coffee – housed in the arches in Deptford Market Yard, Mousetail serves flawless coffee and generous lunches with a smile, in stylish surroundings.
5. Frankie Goes to Bollywood – Also located in the station arches, this little gem serves Indian classics blended with British fast-food favourites, with lots of vegetarian and vegan options. Delicious and unforgettable.
6. After that if you’re after something a little stronger, you could try Little Nan’s Bar next door, where you will be served cocktails in teapots, in a wonderfully kitsch decor.
Time Out seal of approval
Time Out editors rate Deptford as number 14 in the ‘Places to be 2017’ list of London’s best neighborhoods, calling it “a great place to eat right now”.
So why not combine your visit to Cockpit Arts Open studios with an arty latte or tasty brunch, at one of these fabulous foodie hotspots?
Hope to see you at Open Studios!
Cockpit Arts Deptford: 16 – 18 June
Opening times: Fri 5pm – 9pm, Sat and Sun 11am – 6pm
18-22 Creekside London, SE8 3DZ
Rail: Deptford or DLR: Deptford Bridge
FREE ENTRY (Donations welcome)